Facilitator : Alison Pluck
This 5-day course will equip participants with the competencies described in the Stage 1: Introduction to Counselling Young People in the BACP ‘Counselling Young People (11-18 years) Training Curriculum’. It is strongly recommended for anyone counselling, or planning to counsel, young people.
The objectives are that upon completion of the course participants will:
- be able to operate within professional and ethical guidelines
- understand development of young people.
- understand mental health problems in young people
- have a full understanding of legal frameworks relating to young people, including issues of confidentiality, consent and capacity, child protection issues, risk assessments and contracts
- be able to work in the context of the setting
- be able to communicate with young people of differing ages and developmental level.
Alison Pluck is a humanistic integrative counsellor with 10 years’ experience of working in secondary education, initially as a teacher, Head of House and mental health lead and most recently as a school counsellor. Alison has now combined her passions for teaching and counselling and tutors the CPCAB Level 2 Counselling Skills course at Redlands. She currently has her own private practice working with young people and adults, and works alongside this for the Family Counselling Trust, Anxiety UK, and The Leonardo Trust. She is a registered member of the BACP.
COST : £250
A CPD Certificate worth 30 CPD hours will be awarded by Redlands Counselling Training to participants at the end of the course